beautiful Clear Lake in Northern California, Lakeport is an
outdoorsman's paradise with the sophistication of San Francisco and
Napa County right around the corner.
Living in Lake
County isn't just setting up residency - it's a way of life. With
affordable housing, good schools, and a neighborly attitude, one truly
becomes a part of the community from the moment they arrive.
Lake County is fast becoming the "Boutique Wine Capital" of the State, with vineyards and wineries
galore. Activities on the lake include water sports of all types,
swimming and fishing. In fact, several Pro Bass tournaments are held
here every year. The surrounding countryside, dominated by Mt.
Konocti, which is still considered an active volcano, is filled with
hiking trails, ancient oak groves, wildlife, and Native American
history and folklore.
Ruzicka Associates and enjoy a lifestyle of relaxed beauty, while
working in a fast-paced, vibrant small business environment, with
great benefits and interesting projects.
Senior Land Surveyor March 14, 2018
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage, supervise, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through large-scale land surveying projects in a safe and timely manner. Perform land surveying projects, preparation of proposals, oversight and review of all aspects of land surveying as it relates to a civil engineering and land surveying company. Candidate will be required to work in the office as well as in the field as needed. Surveying projects may include the following:
- Control surveys
- Boundary surveys
- Topographic surveys
- Design data for site development
- Construction surveys for site development
- Records of Survey
- Lot Line Adjustments
- Legal Descriptions
- Plat maps
- Other related surveying and engineering projects
Comprehensive medical health insurance with United Healthcare for which the premium is 50% paid by the company and 50% paid by the employee. The deductible is 70% paid by the company and 30% paid by the employee. Dental insurance is provided through Delta Dental, and vision insurance is provided through Vision Service Plan.
- Two weeks paid vacation, accrued weekly
- Seven paid holidays per year
- Paid sick leave accrued one hour for every 30 hours worked
- Personal time off, especially for child-related activities
- Mentoring in surveying and business matters
- Technical and professional development in-house seminars
- Professional society and local organizations dues paid by company
- Professional License application and renewal fees paid by company
- Surveying-related seminars and education forums
- Special training
- Work place is an office building next to a community college with well landscaped grounds for a 50 year company
- A non-urban, rural setting near San Francisco and Sacramento with clean air, no traffic jams, and good schools
We are serious about our business, but we maintain a fun, friendly and professional atmosphere at our office. Some of our activities that will include you and your family are:
- New jobsite picnics
- Special accomplishment celebrations, including your birthday
- Donation of time and money to worth causes and community projects
- Pro bono work for worthy causes and community projects at company expense
- Mentoring in real estate investment opportunities
- A genuine interest in you and your family's well-being
- Proven working expertise in land surveying
- Excellent knowledge of software such as AutoCAD, civil 3D or similar
- Understanding of GPS technology
- Understanding of conventional surveying applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- California Professional Land Surveyor or Pre-1982 Professional Civil Engineer
- Valid California driver's license
Negotiable based on experience.
Email resumes to Ronda Backlin at email@example.com.